OUR BARSCHOOL IN THE FINNISH CAPITAL
Our Helsinki barschool is located just 2km from the centre of Helsinki. The school was renovated at the end of 2015, so you’ll learn your new professional bartending skills in comfort and style.
- Free Wi-Fi
- A practice bar
- A dedicated flair room
- A theory area
- A live bar
- Free pour stations
- A chill-out area
There is a bus stop directly in front of the school entrance so you can easily explore the city after class.
Helsinki is an extremely beautiful and creative city, spread across various islands. Helsinki’s locals are very hospitable and most speak English fluently. The city offers you a variety of recreational areas, including nature hikes, wildlife watching and outdoor sports.Helsinki is home to over 180 kilometres of pristine pistes, so make sure you try skiing or snowboarding!
You’ll see extraordinary buildings as you walk through the city and quickly understand why Helsinki was announced as the World Design Capital in 2012. There is also a thriving food and coffee scene with a big influence on local produce. More recently, there has been an increase in craft beer bars and microdistilleries, so check them out!
The city’s nightlife is a booming mix of clubbing and alternative venues. Head to the districts of Kallio, Vallila and Punavuori, you’re bound to have an awesome night out!
THINGS TO DO
We’ve put together a list of our top 10 things you have to do whilst in Helsinki:
- Visit one of the 2 million saunas in Finland – a crucial part of Finnish culture
- Check out the Ateneum – it’s Finland’s most famous art museum
- Explore Suomenlinna – it’s one of the biggest sea fortresses in the world
- See the animals at Helsinki Zoo, Korkeasaari – one of the oldest zoos in the world
- Snap a photo of the Helsinki Cathedral – one of the city’s iconic buildings
- Hit Hietaniemi beach, known as the ‘The Copacabana of Helsinki’
- Go on a day trip to Tallinn, Estonia, only a 3 hour boat ride from Helsinki
- Have a thrilling day out at Linnanmaki Amusement Park
- Visit the historic Senate Square
- Go and watch a game of Pesäpallo – a national Finnish sport
- Relax in Esplanade Park, the heart of Helsinki
That’s a wrap of our Helsinki barschool. All that’s left to do is come and experience it for yourself!
Check out the course availability below and secure your spot behind the bar!
EBS Helsinki. Languages available
At EBS Helsinki you can take the 4-week course in the following languages:
Be sure to select the right language when booking. In order to take the course in a selected language your understanding of that language should be around Professional Working Proficiency – e.g you can discuss a variety of topics with ease and almost completely understand what others are saying.
GOT A QUESTION? WANT MORE ADVICE?
Just get in touch with EBS Care – they will help you.
EBS Helsinki Videos
Sorry, there are no course dates available for this school at this time.
EBS Helsinki Students
There are not reviews for this school yet! Why not make yours the first?
EBS Helsinki Photos
Latest from EBS Helsinki
Becoming a bar manager: Monika’s story
Monika went from feeling like there was something missing from...
Bartender training is worth the money: Tim’s story proves it
Tim Lefèvre knew that he needed to make a new...