you ask, we’ll answer


Heres a few of our frequently asked questions, please contact us if you require any help or have a question. We like questions.

How and when can I pay?

You can either pay in full at the time of booking, pay later, or pay in instalments, we will set a payment plan for you at the time of booking.

We accept a wide range of payment options for our course, you can pay the full amount at the time of booking using a credit or debit card or select to pay later using a bank transfer. Certain markets also allow for credit facilities, meaning you can pay the cost of the course over a year, usually interest free. 

Whats EBS's policy on alcohol?

EBS has a strict policy on alcohol, coloured water is used as a substitute for alcoholic spirits during the course. As a bartender training organisation we take the responsibility of alcohol consumption and serving very seriously, and a strict alcohol policy applies to both students and employees.

What if I don't pass the course?

You can always do a re-examination afterwards in the destination. If you have an EBS school in your country you can always make the re-examination there as well. Just contact us and we will fix the date and time for you.

Is it easy to find a job once I have completed the course?

EBS is well known and respected by venues all over the world and you can even use the EBS job pool to find your favourite jobs. Our mission is to create bartenders that bars, hotels, nightclubs and restaurants across the globe are desperate to get their hands on. After 14 years of doing just that, we have a global network of venues ready to offer you a job. There is a huge demand for new bartenders so you will be in a fantastic position.

Why should I choose EBS?

EBS is the largest bartender school in the world and thousands of students each year successfully graduate from our courses. You can use the EBS certificate as a passport to travel and work abroad. It’s well known and respected by venues all over the world. All our teachers go through extensive training and examination to ensure you receive the best possible training.

How long are the days and how are they broken up?

All destinations has different schedules for the days. But all our courses include 3-4 hours a day of practical training behind your own bar station, mixing and learning how to make over 80 different cocktails. We find you learn more by hands on training and by having fun. Each day you will receive flair training, free pour and of course theory so you know what you are serving. You have the weekends to yourself to chill with your new friends or to explore the destination of your choice!

Do I have to be able to speak good English?

Most of the training is practical, so you only require basic English. The theory is very easy to follow and the instructors are on hand to help you every step of the way.

Is accommodation included in the cost?

At some of EBS Schools the course is with accommodation, at the booking page you have the option to include accommodation for most of our schools, where you will stay is shown in the accommodation tab of the schools page. You can of course choose no accommodation if you are local to the school or have accommodation already sorted.

Can I travel alone?

Most of our students are travelling alone and they are there for the same experiences as you. During the course you´ll meet so many new friends and contacts all over the world. You’ll become so close in so little time! You´ll going to make new friends for life!

Who can apply to the course?

Anyone over 18 years old can apply. You just need to go to our booking page and book a place! We don’t require any previous work experience or education from our students.

What about Visa's?

The requirement to have a VISA depends on where you study, if you are travelling abroad to EBS Phuket or EBS Sydney for example, you may require a Visa, EBS Care can advise, but ultimately it is your own responsibility to get the required visa.

Are flights included?

Flights are not included to the course price but we can help you to find cheap flights to your destination. Just let us know if you need some help with booking flights, its worth looking at flights from the major airports such as Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam or London as it can often be cheaper to take two flights.

What else do I need to pay for?

You don’t have to pay for anything else for the course, flights need to be booked, plus you will need some money for food and drinks – and some of the activities will cost some money as well.

Do I need to bring anything for the course?

No, you don’t need to bring anything. You will get all the study materials on the destination.

What kind of certificate do I get at the end of the course?

After you’ve completed the course you will receive a recognised certificate from the European Bartender School.

Still need help?


Our very own dedicated support team, got a question? Just call or email.



Say Hello. 

Contact Us

Send us a question, we’ll do our best to help.


Contact EBS